If you didn’t know, NAAFA is the National Association to Advance Fat Acceptance, and was the first fat rights group. It was a truly important force in the fat acceptance movement in the 1970s and the 1980s, through part of the 1990s. To put it kindly, it is less so today. Its website is www.naafa.org; take a look if you like.
But rather than tell you about NAAFA, I’d rather ask you.
- Had you heard of NAAFA before?
- What’s your impression of NAAFA?
- Is NAAFA relevant? Why or why not?
- Should NAAFA be doing something that it isn’t?
- Anything else you’d like to say?